We’re looking for a diesel mechanic in McKean, PA
Our family-friendly company is hiring a diesel mechanic to work in our Vorzik garage in McKean, PA who will keep our fleet of trucks rolling.
We have a great team of people who work together to make it happen.
This position is responsible for maintaining diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records, and working with Vorzik teammates as well as select outside vendors.
• Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
• Keep equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
• Correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, assembling, disassembling, and replacing components or parts on various systems, including power and drive train, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics.
• Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Comply with federal DOT safety requirements.
• Maintain vehicle records of services and repairs
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: Prefer 2 or more year’s related experience working on Class 8 Tractors
A high school diploma or GED required.
Must have own tools
Ability to utilize diagnostic programs
Basic computer skills
Valid CDL preferred
Great Benefits including UPMC Healthcare and Health Reimbursement Account!
Simple IRA with company match & much more!
Compensation: In line with experience level, plus Benefits
Employment type: FULL TIME